SunstarTV Bureau: Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurates India’s first driverless train on Delhi Metro’s Magenta Line & launches National Common Mobility Card on the Airport Express Line, via video conferencing.
Next-generation infrastructure for Delhi. Watch. https://t.co/LK789BkE3x
— Narendra Modi (@narendramodi) December 28, 2020
Key Notes of Modi Ji’s speech:
- With a population of over 130 crore, Delhi is the capital of a major global financial and strategic power and this glory must reflect here.
- I believe that we all will continue to work together & make the lives of the people of Delhi better and the city advanced: PM Narendra Modi
- Modernisation and urbanisation should be taken into consideration as oppurtunities to improvise the life style of the people not as a challenge.
- Earlier the metro was running across 248 km metro line but now it has increased up to 700km.
- 50 lakh people are travelling through metro. Metro has resulted in increase the ease of living. It has not only made of brick and concrete but also fulfilled the expectation of the people.
- There was no policy regarding metro. Only vague promises were made. But we not only made concrete policies and implemented with full fledge. We emphasised on make in India, utilisation of modern technologies and taking urbanistaion as an opportunity not a challenge.
- The urbanisation must be customized according to the need of the local people’s lifestyle.
- Water metros will be built. This is also an out of the box idea. It will help in development of connectivity amongst the cities. The work is under process in Kochi.
- Metro services have helped in reduction of pollution by decreasing the vehicle counts from the streets.