SunstarTV Bureau: Prime Minister Narendra Modi is addressing the Kisan Kalyan event in Madhya Pradesh via video-conferencing.
PM is defending his government’s intent towards farm sector reforms. The speech to the Madhya Pradesh farmers is seen as yet another attempt by the Centre to convince the farmers over the latest farm laws. Modi has practically been trying to strike a chord with the farmers at every public event.
Modi’s addressing major points:
- He has repeatedly said that the farmers are being misled by the Opposition.
- Loan exemption is just a tactics of the opposition to win votes.
- Swaminathan Committee Report is the burning example of farmers’ exploitation by the opposition.
- They have always turned deaf ears towards the plea of farmers, now why are they trying to stand by their side.
- Earlier, the demands made by the opposition to reform the farm bill aren’t much different from those have been made now.
- Solar pumps will be provided to the farmers.
- I request all political parties with folded hands, please keep all the credit. I’m giving credit to all your old election manifestos. I just want ease in the life of farmers, I want their progress & want modernity in agriculture.
हमारी सरकार अनाज पैदा करने वाले किसानों के साथ ही मधुमक्खी पालन, पशुपालन और मछली पालन को भी उतना ही बढ़ावा दे रही है: PM @narendramodi
— PMO India (@PMOIndia) December 18, 2020
The Prime Minister’s address to farmers comes as protests against the recently enacted farm laws continue at Singhu border in Delhi.
On Thursday, Agriculture Minister Narendra Tomar wrote an 8-page letter addressing the farmers. In an emotional appeal, Tomar said that he comes from a family from farmers.
The minister said that he knows all about the hardships faced by the farmers. He said that the farmers are and will remain the ultimate master of their produce. PM Modi also tweeted the letter and urged everyone to read it.