New Delhi (SunstarTV Bureau): Prime Minister Narendra Modi addressed the 4th edition of India Mobile Congress (IMC) 2020 via video conferencing, today.
IMC 2020 is being organised by the Department of Telecommunications (DoT) and the Cellular Operators Association of India (COAI) and will be held from December 8-10.
In his inaugural address, the PM emphasised on India’s digital technology push and stated that the nation is emerging as the most preferred place for mobile manufacturing. The fourth edition of the three-day telecom industry event will be held online for the first time due to the coronavirus pandemic.
The title theme for IMC 2020 is Inclusive Innovation – Smart, Secure, Sustainable. The Prime Minister’s Office said in a statement that the aim of IMC 2020 is to align PM Modi’s vision ‘to promote Aatmanirbhar Bharat, digital inclusivity, sustainable development, entrepreneurship and innovation.’ IMC 2020 also “aims to drive foreign and local investments, encourage Research and Development in the telecom and emerging technology sectors”, the statement added.
Telecom minister Ravi Shankar Prasad, minister of state for communications Sanjay Dhotre, and telecom secretary Anshu Prakash have attended the inaugural session. Reliance Industries Ltd chairman and managing director Mukesh Ambani, Bharti Enterprises chairman Sunil Bharti Mittal, and Ericsson head of South East Asia, Oceania and India Nunzio Mirtillo also joined the session.
Over 30 countries, 210 national and international speakers, more than 150 exhibitors and over 3,000 CXO-level delegates are expected to participate in the three-day long event.
Here are the key points of Prime Minister’s address:
- Every village to have high-speed fiber optic data connectivity in three years, says PM Modi.
- He also mentioned that India has the lowest mobile tariff with the fastest growing app market.
- It is because of mobile technology that we are able to provide benefits worth billions of dollars to millions of Indians. It is because of mobile technology that we were able to help the poor and vulnerable quickly/ during the pandemic.
- Let us work together to make India a global hub for telecom equipment, design, development and manufacturing.
- A lot of young techies tell me that it is the code which makes a product special. Some entrepreneurs tell me that it is Concept which matters more. Investors suggest that it is Capital which is important to scale a product.
- But often, what matters the most is the conviction which youngsters have on their product. Sometimes conviction is all that stands between just a profitable exit and making of a unicorn.
- IMC 2020 has been organised by the department of telecommunications and the Cellular Operators Association of India (COAI).