SunstarTV Bureau: Kulcha is known as Indian flat bread from North India, especially in Punjab. The preparations are so easy and also taste the same way YUMMM… So on, you can also make in the tandoor as well as on a tava or griddle. So follow the simple rules and prep your dine for loved ones.
How to prepare:
- Mix the Maida or all-purpose flour, salt, sugar, baking powder and baking soda in a bowl. Make a well in the center.
- Add the curd, oil and water.
- Begin to mix the flour with the liquids first and then start to knead.
- Make smooth and soft dough.
- In the same bowl or pan, cover the dough with a wet kitchen napkin. You can also lightly brush some water on the dough and cover the pan with a lid.
- Let the dough leaven for 2 hours.
- Lightly knead the leavened dough again.
- Make small balls of the dough. Sprinkle some nigella seeds on the ball. With the rolling pin flatten the dough and roll each into a small-sized kulcha on a lightly dusted rolling board.
- Heat a griddle or a tava. The tava has to be very hot. Place the kulcha on the tava.
- Cook one side partly till it is ¼ cooked.
- Flip and cook the other side till it is ½ cooked. Apply ghee or oil on both sides of kulcha whilst cooking.
- Cook them till it gets golden spots and is evenly cooked. Make all kulchas this way.
- Serve the kulcha hot or warm with chickpea curry or chole masala. They can also be stacked in a roti basket and then served warm.