SunstarTV Bureau: The Physical classroom teaching for the final year Under-Graduate and Post-graduate students of the Universities and colleges under the State Higher Education department has started, today.
As per an order issued by the Skill Development and Technical Education department, all the technical universities, engineering, professional colleges and diploma institutions also reopened today to commence physical classroom teaching for the final year students of UG, PG and Diploma and Post-Diploma programmes.
According to the guidelines issued by the government mention that, physical classes shall be held in regular manner to cover all chapters of the syllabus irrespective of coverage of some chapters in online mode, and whenever possible, the physical classroom teaching shall be recorded and shared with absentee students.
The government has also directed all varsities and colleges to strictly follow the Covid-19 prevention protocols in place.
- Teachers/Staff/Students residing in active containment zone shall not come to Universities/ Colleges.
- Face Mask/ Face Cover shall be mandatory.
- Frequent Hand Wash/ Hand sanitization shall be ensured.
- Social Distancing (6 ft distance) shall be adopted in classrooms, libraries, laboratories, etc. If need be, crowded classes can be divided into batches and teaching hours in a day can be extended.
- Spitting shall be strictly prohibited.
- Respiratory etiquettes shall be strictly followed. (i.e. Covering one’s mouth and nose by handkerchief while coughing/sneezing)
- Self-monitoring of health and reporting of illness should be encouraged.
However, hostels have re-opened on January 10 only for 2020-21 Final Year UG/PG students as well as Ph.D., M.Phil and other Research Scholars.
Twenty-five per cent of the syllabus would be covered by Guided Students Self Study. And to compensate the lost days, physical classroom teaching shall be