SunstarTV Bureau: Odisha Schools for classes X and XII have reopened after nine month with all the proper social distancing and all the required Covid-19 norms, today.
A detailed Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) has adopted for reopening of all government and private schools across the State.
As per the directives of the State government, the schools have to strictly follow the Covid-19 protocols like thermal screening of students, hand sanitising, wearing of masks and social distancing in classrooms.
All the SOP that all the school ought to follow are:
- The classes have been divided with a maximum of 25 students in each classroom.
- Even student has been assigned a specific seat in the class as is usually done during examinations.
- Recess will be allowed in a staggered manner and teachers have been deputed to make sure that students don’t huddle.
- As per the SOP, students will attend schools with the written consent of parents but attendance will not be enforced.
- The students identified with Covid-19 symptoms will be quarantined in the isolation room of the school and will be treated by the local hospital immediately.
- All the classrooms will be sanitised every day after the closure of the school.
Classes will be held for Class 10 students from January 8 to April 26 whereas Class 12 students will attend their classes from January 8 to April 28.
School and Mass Education Department informed that students will be taught for 100 days including Saturday and Sundays.
However, Board of Secondary Education (BSE) will conduct the High School Certificate (HSC) exams from May 3 to May 15 and The Council of Higher Secondary Education (CHSE) will conduct the Plus Two exam between May 15 and June 11.
Government also released a Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) that needs to be followed for ensuring safety of students in view of the COVID-19 pandemic situation.
According to the guideline, only the schools outside containment zones shall be allowed to reopen. Students, teachers, employees living in containment zones will not be allowed to attend the school.
Students, teachers, employees shall be advised not to visit these areas falling within containment zones. District Collectors will direct the relevant schools to immediately shutdown in case their zone is declared as a containment zone.
Amid to reopening of schools, all work areas including furniture, libraries, storage places, water tanks, toilets and other common areas should be sanitised.
Leave a Reply