SunstarTV Bureau: Odisha government issues night curfew in the state from 10 pm of December 31 to 5 am of January 1.
Keeping an eye on the ongoing Covid19 pandemic, the Special Relief Commissioner (SRC) Pradeen Jena has issued the night curfew on New Year’s eve. However, essential services and movements are allowed.
“Govt of Odisha imposing Night curfew from 10pm of tonight to 5AM tomorrow morning across the state. General public requested to cooperate. All essential services & movements are allowed to continue during curfew hours,” tweeted SRC.
Govt of Odisha imposing Night curfew from 10pm of tonight to 5AM tomorrow morning across the state. General public requested to cooperate. All essential services& movements are allowed to continue during curfew hours. @CMO_Odisha @IPR_Odisha @SecyChief @odisha_police @SRC_Odisha
— Pradeep Jena IAS (@PradeepJenaIAS) December 31, 2020
He has also informed that 144 Act will be imposed over twin city ahead of new years’ eve.
The SRC has called for public’s cooperation to check the spreading of coronavirus, amidst the new found corona virus strain in UK.
Yesterday, the state government had issued guidelines for January:
- 200 people allowed at marriages.
- 100 people allowed at condolence ceremony.
- 200 people allowed at social, religious and sports gatherings.
- Film halls, auditoriums and theaters to open with holding 50% capacity.
- Ban on zero night celebration.
- Administration to keep eye on contentment zones.
- Mandatory mask and social distancing.
- With due permission of state government open theaters to be resumed.
- Ones breaking the guidelines will be punished.
- No, rule on intra-state movement.
- Strict regulation on consumption of alcohol, tambaku and cigarette.
Leave a Reply