Bhubaneswar (SunstarTV Bureau): Odisha Tourism Department awaits for the International Sand Art Festival to be held at Chandrabhaga beach, Puri from 1st to 5th December, 2020.
The countdown has begun. The hourglass is ticking. The golden beach awaits you! Visit the International Sand Art Festival, Chandrabhaga beach, Puri. Only four days left!
— Odisha Tourism (@odisha_tourism) November 26, 2020
According to the official announcement, all the sand artists from the native will be awarded with a sum of Rs 6000 and participants from outside will be granted Rs 5000 each.
The most awaited Sand Art Festival will coincide with famous Konark Festival. The sand art festival shall be organised at Chandrabhaga Beach which is about one kilometer from the World heritage site Konark.
Odisha government has issued guidelines for the participants as well as organisers.
The festival will be held with adherence to covid guidelines, stated the organizing committee.
Amongst other guidelines, participants are instructed not to imbibe inside the perimeter.
Obligation of the Participant
- The event will be for 5 days from 1st – 5th December 2020
- The applicant shall submit their profile covering past work done by him and photographs at least three out of which one of recent work done (within one month) duly attested by the artist himself.
- All the selected participants will be informed by mail / phone / message for their selection.
- The artists would start work from 1st December 2020 (morning) and the festival would be formally inaugurated on 1st December 2020 (evening)
- The artists are required to change the sculpture every day as per the theme to be provided by the organizer.
- Only Sea Beach sand is allowed for creating the sculpture
- The artists shall only create sculpture as per the theme & advisory of the organizer from time to time. The participants are also required to submit the sketches of the sculpture to the organizer which they intend to create. In no case sculpture hurting the religious sentiment of the people shall be allowed.
- No alcohol at the site is allowed.
- The artist shall bring the instruments and hand tools (no machinery tools shall be allowed) required for the purpose.
- The entire sculpture shall be only from Sand and Water. No external materials can be used in the sculpture
- The participant will submit duly signed Entry Form before participating in the event.
- Artists are expected to respect sensibility of local people in dress and behaviour.
- Artists shall abide utmost discipline during the entire period of the festival and shall adhere to the directives of the organizer from time to time.
- The organiser reserves the right to disengage any of the participants without assigning any reason thereof with or without remuneration.
- The artists shall scrupulously follow COVID 19 Guidelines issued by Government.
Obligation of the Organizer
- Provide space measuring about 30’x 30′ with barricade.
- Supply required water for all the sculptures.
- Sand artists from Puri shall be paid @ Rs. 6000/- per day. No accommodation will be allowed.
- Sand artists other than Puri will get @ Rs. 5000/- per day as remuneration. Accommodation shall be provided by the organizer.
- Outstate participants shall be given to & fro economy air fare / 3rd AC train fare subject to production of ticket
- Sand Artists from outside the State shall be paid Rs. 5000/- per day for 6 days excluding accommodation and food.
- Arrange local transport i.e. from hotel to site and vice versa
- The schedule and show time will be provided by the organizer on arrival
- The organizer shall constitute a panel of Jury for the competition and their decision will be final and binding.