SunstarTV Bureau: The State Cabinet approves a Supplementary Budget of hooting Rs 11,200 crore, which will be tabled on the first day of the upcoming Winter Session of the Odisha Assembly.
The Cabinet meeting chaired by Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik, gave its nod to as many as 18 proposals.
Among other proposals the approved proposals include:
- Loan of Rs 2600 crore to GRIDCO during the financial year 2020-21. This may help to get about 2 per cent interest concession from the banks, leading to reduction of GRIDCO’s financial cost.
- The State cabinet approved enactment of Odisha Laboratory Assistants in Government Engineering Schools /Polytechnics (Methods of Recruitment and Conditions of Service) Rules, 2020regulating the method of recruitment and conditions of service of the personnel inducted to Odisha Laboratory Assistants’ Service in Government Engineering Schools and Polytechnics under administrative control of Director of Technical Education and Training, Odisha.
- The Food and Procurement Policy for Kharif Marketing Season 2020-21has also got approval to regulate all aspects of paddy and rice procurement. The State has fixed a tentative target of 48 lakh metric tonne in terms of rice. For Kharif, the tentative target for procurement of paddy is 54 lakh metric tonne and for Rabi 17 lakh metric tonne.
- The council of ministers has proposed amendment of the Odisha Civil Services (Criteria for promotion) Rules, 1992, to ensure timely promotion of government servants.
- “…selection for the year shall be held during the month of November taking into account the residency period as prescribed under relevant Recruitment Rules and the Select list shall be prepared during the month of December of the preceding year. The Performance Appraisal Reports (PARs), the vigilance reports, papers relating to departmental action and other confidential reports shall be forwarded online to avoid delay. Such reports shall not be required in respect of Group-‘D’ employees,” it added.
- The Cabinet also approved appointment of Retired IAS officer Bibhuti Bhusan Pattanaik and Prof. (Dr.) Sudhanshu Sekhar Rath as members in Odisha Public Service Commission.
#Odisha Cabinet headed by CM @Naveen_Odisha has approved appointment of Shri Bibhuti Bhusan Pattanaik, IAS (Retd) & Ex-Registrar of Cooperative Societies and Shri Sudhansu Sekhar Rath, former VC of GM University as Members in the Odisha Public Service Commission (OPSC).
— CMO Odisha (@CMO_Odisha) November 12, 2020
- To address the increasing number of cases in government hospitals, the State Cabinet has approved the proposed Odisha Medical & Health Services (Method of Recruitment and Conditions of Service) Amendment Rules, 2020 by amending the existing rule to the effect that:
- If, a candidate has not passed Middle School Examination in Odia as a language subject, shall be allowed to pass the examination conducted by Board of Secondary Education, Odisha within four years of joining in the service
- If, a candidate outside the State of Odisha has not registered his name under the Odisha Council of Medical Registration established under section 3 of the Odisha Medical Registration Act, 1961, he shall get himself registered as per the provisions of the said Act before issue of the appointment order.
- The State Law Commission of Odisha have recommended to repeal 214 Appropriation Acts on the ground that these laws have become either irrelevant or inoperative and thus, this exercise would serve the purpose of cleansing the Statue Book while also contributing to ‘Good Governance’.
- Cabinet has approved construction of a 3-km long flyover on Joda-Bamberi Highway in Kendujhar with an estimated cost of ₹144.11 Cr.
#Odisha Cabinet has approved construction of a 3-km long flyover on Joda-Bamberi Highway in Kendujhar with an estimated cost of ₹144.11 Cr. The project aims to offer dedicated freight carriageway for vehicles carrying minerals, reduce traffic congestion & pollution in Joda town. pic.twitter.com/AZzIvMVF0t
— CMO Odisha (@CMO_Odisha) November 13, 2020
- Cabinet has approved three major construction projects in Puri under ABADHA Scheme with an estimated budget of ₹461.25 Cr. Projects include construction of Jagannath Ballav Pilgrim Centre, Market Complex and Shree Setu along with extension of Musa River.
#Odisha Cabinet has approved three major construction projects in Puri under #ABADHA Scheme with an estimated budget of ₹461.25 Cr. Projects include construction of Jagannath Ballav Pilgrim Centre, Market Complex and Shree Setu along with extension of Musa River. pic.twitter.com/oBa12hamjk
— CMO Odisha (@CMO_Odisha) November 12, 2020